Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Sussex
Sector: Health & Social Care
Hours of work: Full Time
Applications close: 3 November 2020
Hours: 42 hours per week
Shifts: 8pm to 8am
Salary: £10.30 per hour
Oakland Care is a growing healthcare organisation with a current portfolio of four luxury care homes.
We are currently recruiting for our specialist care team and are therefore looking for an experienced and professional Senior Care Assistant to provide excellent care to our current residents.
Beechwood Grove Care Home offers 58 en-suite bedrooms, all located over 3 floors, served by 2 lifts. We have a multitude of day lounges for our residents to relax in and they are complemented by some fantastic features, such as Bar Bistro, a cinema room, hairdressing salon, private dining for families and friends, a courtyard garden, patio garden and plenty of other facilities to enable our residents to stay fit and healthy.
Senior Care Assistant role is fundamental in ensuring that our team members receive clear direction, guidance and support in their day to day tasks. The duties of a Senior Care Assistant are to assist the trained Nurses and Community Lead Managers in leading and developing our staff members; but also carrying out basic care and clinical and nursing activities needed for the residents, to include administering medication, providing personal care, pressure area care, nutritional intake, continence care in accordance with the individual Care Plans.
They are looking for candidates that have:
- At least a minimum of 2 years’ experience in delivering care or as a Senior Care Assistant
- Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care
- Trained in medication administration
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Experience in completing staff supervision
- Skills to induct & supervise junior staff
- Time management skills to delegate tasks within a team
- Good communication skills – verbal (great communication within the team and to other external professionals) and writing (ability to write and maintain care plans) & digital skills
- Caring attitude
- Flexible and reliable.
In return for your efforts we offer a wide range of benefits including: –
- Free DBS check
- Bank Holiday enhancement pay
- Break pay for long shifts (30 minutes)
- Free meals and drinks on duty
- Discounted Gym membership
- Free uniform
- Refer a Friend Scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Bespoke Retail Discounts and Cash Back payments
- Employee Assistance Programme including free counselling sessions
- Access to a Wellbeing Centre and Health Assessments
- Recognition and staff appreciation initiatives
- Bespoke and industry leading induction programme
- Access to the mandatory online training modules
- Accredited Care Certificate Training (Care roles)
- Additional on-going training and development opportunities
Contact: Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on the office Mobile 07914 425733