A high end Residential Home in Eastbourne is urgently seeking a Registered General Nurse (Nights)
Reports to: Clinical Lead/ Deputy Manager
- Be responsible for ensuring a high level of care is provided to residents and that care provided is evidence based and complies with company policies, procedures and NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To prevent unnecessary hospital admissions through planned multi-disciplinary care plans ensuring monitoring and evaluation of treatment.
- To function as a Primary Nurse without direct supervision, whilst working alongside the Clinical Lead
- To be aware of all residents’ needs ensuring care plans are up to date and appropriate duties are delegated to suitably qualified team members.
- Comply with Safeguarding procedures at all times and promote an honest and open culture
- To ensure that you are aware of your role in relation to the Home’s Safeguarding Adults Policy, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and using the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the CL / DM / Home Manager of any concerns immediately.
Health and Safety
- Comply with the Company’s Health and Safety policies at all times.
- Promote safe working practices and advise the manager of any Health and Safety concerns
- Take individual responsibility and support the Registered Manager to ensure the service meets the mandated training and Health and Safety compliance targets.
- Ensure CL / DM / Home Manager is informed of any incidents in the home ensuring all paperwork and follow up actions are taken and recorded.
- Ensure storage of medications are in line with company policies and procedures.
- To report immediately to the CL / DM, Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illnesses of an infectious nature or accident incurred by self, colleagues, resident or visitor.
- Act in such a way as to promote the good reputation of the company
- Always act in a professional manner, operating with integrity, respecting individuals and maintaining confidentiality
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature that is not critical to Safeguarding procedures is not disclosed without due consent of the service user, their legal representative or a staff member
- To be an active and supportive member of the Oakland Primecare team, contributing to team meetings, training and development and ensuring good communication so that Oakland Primecare is a friendly, supportive working and living environment
- Adhere to Oakland Care policies and procedures at all times
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- RGN Qualified with an active pin
- Proven track record in the delivery of quality care
- Understanding of NMC Code of Practice and requirements of it for own practice and behaviour
- Ability to supervise Health Care Assistants and students effectively when required
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to promote a professional image for the company at all times
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to learn and develop
- Influencing skills
- Listening skills
- Negotiating skills
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to promote a professional image at all times
- Ability to travel to other homes where needed for training / support
For more information and to apply for this position, contact us on 01323 431289 or 07914 425733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org