Local Eastbourne Care Home – urgently seeking a Chef to:
- Prepare and service nourishing, attractive meals and other foods according to menu cycles.
- Support the specific dietary requirements of residents and other care home events.
- Plan, order, store and prepare food t ensure the utmost quality with a minimum of waste.
- Monitor methods of food handling, preparation, meal service and equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Work individually and as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the home.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Holds or be working towards Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Preference is given to persons with a qualification in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets
- Minimum one (1) year food service experience in a health and or social care dietary setting is desired
- Have general knowledge of quality food preparation and portioned serving
- Good knowledge and understanding of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) and HACCP (Food Safety Management System).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Food Standards Agency regulation as well as good practice guidance e.g. Safer Food, Better Business.
For more information and to apply for this position, contact us on 01323 431289 or 07914 425733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org