As Restaurant Manager, at this Four Star Hotel on the Seafront, you will need at least 2 years proven management experience, you must be able to demonstrate excellent people skills, training, developing and driving your team, whilst maximizing every opportunity to increase sales, resulting in an efficient and smooth service that creates an ambiance second to none.
You will need ambition and personality to be able to market the business as well as manage all financial aspects in order to drive the business successfully. We will be looking for someone that has flair, a great personality, and will leave their mark on this Restaurant.
You must be able to keep calm under pressure, be confident, organised, maintain a hands on management culture, and have exceptional attention to detail. Motivating your team to drive great service delivery is a MUST.
Experience working with hotel systems is essential, along with a good understanding of excel and word.
- Ensure every guest visiting the Artisan Restaurant and taking room service has the best possible experience.
- Active involvement with the Food & Beverage Manager to develop and support forecasted business for the Artisan Restaurant and events taking place, with targets in place for the team.
- Active participation in the sales, marketing and promotion of the hotel and food & beverages, packages, offers and promotions.
- Submit weekly rota/payroll forecasts to the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure adequate staffing levels to support the delivery of the business forecast but remain within wage allocations.
- Ensure operating procedures are defined and all staff are trained and monitored for adherence. Ensure that in instances where procedures are not followed for any reason, investigations and appropriate action is carried out to prevent reoccurrence.
- Proactively, gain and monitor guest feedback and communicate to all concerned to ensure service and product delivery improvement.
- Carry out recruitment & selection of staff, in conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, Operations & HR Manager.
- Induct and train new team members following departmental specific skills training matrix- carrying out job chats & probationary reviews.
- Carry our performance reviews 6 monthly for all staff. Appropriately plan & deliver training and development for the team.
- Attend Food & Beverage meetings and conduct monthly team meetings.
- Ensure that daily briefings of the team are carried out to update staff on service and special requirements and targets.
- Develop initiatives that will incrementally improve sales, paying particular attention to high margin items.
- Take full ownership of Artisan Restaurant related elements of F&B including initiatives across the whole of F&B and ensure all team members are fully trained on the policy.
- Personally develop and maintain positive relations with all clients/ customers.
- Ensure that restaurant teams are developed to deliver hotel standards, whilst displaying a proactive and innovative approach to skill development and enhancement in your team.
- Carry out Duty Management shifts according to monthly rota.
- These responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake other duties as and when deemed required by management.
For more information and to apply for this position, contact us on 01323 431289 or 07914 425733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org