… to join the growing team at a local five-star hotel.
The Events Operations Assistant role:
* You will report to the Conference and Banqueting Manager working within a small team who look after all our conference, events, private dining and meetings.
* You will be responsible for resetting, servicing and setting all conference and banqueting rooms to a high standard. This includes setting up for events such as weddings and large parties.
* You will assist with looking after conferences on the day and serve tea and coffee at lunch breaks.
* You will be responsible for ensuring that all store cupboards are kept stocked and tidy and that all preparation is made well in advance for future business.
* You will also be assisting with service during banqueting events.
* You maybe required to work in other departments during quieter periods.
You will be working 35 hours, normally over five days per week, which will include evenings and weekends. Rotas are prepared each week depending on business levels. Due to the start and finish times, you will need to ensure you have your own transport.
The Events Operations Assistant will:
* Be well presented and impeccably groomed with a great eye for detail
* Have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal
* Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
* Be a team player with a resilient and confident personality
* Be self motivated with excellent time management skills
* Be physically fit as you will be regularly lifting tables and other furniture
Previous hotel or events experience preferred but not essential as training will be given
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate, including:
* Free meals on duty.
* Uniform provided.
* Corporate membership rate at the local leisure centre.
* Company personal contributory pension scheme.
* Excellent staff rate of £50 Bed & Breakfast in any of the four Elite Hotels, subject to availability.
* An attractive room rate for family with a 50% discount off our selling price.
* 30% discount on food, drinks and treatments.
* A share in the Company Gratuities scheme.
* An Employee Assistance program managed by Hospitality Action, including a free confidential counselling help line.
* Staff Christmas party.
* Free Car Parking.
* Discounted stays with Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
For more information and to apply for this position, contact us on 01323 431289 or 07914 425733 or email email@example.com