The role of Commis Chef at this Four Star Hotel on the Seafront is to produce menu items and mis-en-place to agreed standards. Ensure that you work within the Food Safety requirements and adhere to the Health & Safety procedures. Actively work to develop your food skills and knowledge within the kitchen brigade helping out and assisting as and when required. You will be joining an established brigade to support the growth and development of a fast paced seafront hotel operation.
- Have regard for your personal appearance always wearing the full and correct uniform and ensuring good personal hygiene.
- Ensure your knowledge of hotel products and services is up to date.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of your department, its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- Ensure all legal and statutory regulations and responsibilities are met in order to maintain a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and our guests.
- Make yourself available for training and communication meetings for which advance notice will normally be given.
- Produce food which is of good quality, taste and appearance, served at the correct temperature and which accurately meets customers’ needs
- Comply fully with all regulations relating to Health & Safety, employee conduct, hygiene and food handling, fire precautions and emergency procedures and COSHH regulations
- Exercise proper control of company stock and property and ensure correct and safe storage of food, including effective date labelling.
- See in and store early morning deliveries, checking temperatures and matching delivery notes.
- Prepare mis-en-place for all relevant menus.
- Prepare, cook and present food to hotel standards as advised by Senior Chefs.
- Ensure correct portion control as instructed by Head Chef.
- Operate and clean equipment correctly and safely adhering to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean, safe and tidy at all times, including canteen hot and cold units.
- Control the security of company’s stock and property.
- Adhere to all regulations in respect of hotel policies and standards, i.e. mandates and food standards.
- To comply with any reasonable request by the Head Chef, supervisor.
For more information and to apply for this position, contact us on 01323 431289 or 07914 425733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org